Please have a look at the recipes we are trying in our cookery club with Mrs Sharma:
Banana and Blueberry Muffins
This week in Cooking Club, we made Banana and Blueberry Muffins, you can find the recipe below to make 12 muffins.
- 300 grams of self raising flour
- 1tsp of bicarbonate soda
- 100 grams of light muscavdo sugar
- 50 grams of oats plus 1 tbsp. for the topping
- 2 medium bananas (the riper the better)
- 284ml of buttermilk
- 5 tbsp. of light olive oil
- 2 egg whites
- 150 gram punnet of blueberries
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4 and line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper muffin cases.
- Tip the flour and bicarbonate of soda into a large bowl.
- Hold back 1 tbsp of the sugar, then mix the remainder with the flour and 50g oats.
- Make a well in the centre.
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas until nearly smooth.
- Stir the buttermilk, oil and egg whites into the mashed banana until evenly combined.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the well and stir quickly and sparingly with a wooden spoon. The mix will look lumpy and may have the odd fleck of flour still visible, but don’t be tempted to over-mix.
- Tip in the blueberries and give it just one more stir.
- Divide the mix between the muffin cases – they will be quite full.
- Sprinkle the tops with the final tbsp. of the oats and the rest of the sugar.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until risen and dark golden.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the tray before lifting out onto a rack to cool completely.
This is a low fat recipe but it is delicious - please try it and let us know if you enjoyed it as much as us!